Thursday, May 25, 2006

Life stands still on holidays

At least in Austria.
It took quite a while today before I even realized it was a holiday (don't ask me which) - the supermarket was closed on my way back home from a trip through the property of the old general hospital of Vienna ...

looking for the University Clinic for Odontology, I passed the Narrenturm, the grand Pathologic-anatomical Museum, strolling through endless yards (now that I know it was a holiday it seems less strange it was so silent around), where various University institutes moved into the abandoned hospital-buildings.

When I finally found the front entrance of the clinic, I was led to believe I was too late to show up for making an appointment - a sign said something about 12 o' clock!

Now, of course, I'm wondering if I'll find out the check-in is open into the early afternoon anyway, when I show up tomorrow morning?!

No comments: